Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Stitches I used for my Redwork Project.....

Hi everyone, I hope your day has been a good one.

In this post, I am continuing  My Embroidery Journey  .  In the first post, I mentioned some of the stitches I used.

Admittedly, we all have to start somewhere...... and I am not trying to say my way is the right way, or the wrong way .....but here are my instructions.......



STRAIGHT/RUNNING  STITCH


........continually threading needle in and out of fabric.






BACK  STITCH


........similar to straight stitch, but bring needle up, and go back.....




.......then bring needle up ahead of last time.






STEM  STITCH


........work similar to straight stitch, but bring needle up so that stitches overlap a bit.


I have also used a version of chain stitch, but it includes a number of photos, so will leave that for another post.

I hope my pics are helpful to someone.....apologies if adding to the confusion  :)

Happy crafting,  Jenny


2 comments:

  1. oh that's great!
    i haven't embroidered for a while...but it's like riding a bike, right....and everything looks good and well illustrated here!!!!

    i remember my mother was the one who showed me how to do all of those stitches....
    i don't know how many young girls grow up learning this skill anymore ... eh?

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,
    Good, easy and helpful instructions!!
    Thanks,
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete