Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Leftovers.......

Hi everyone,

I hope you have had a lovely day.  How are you all going with your scraps ?  No doubt you will have some odd shaped and sized leftovers........what are you going to do with them......



........as you can see, I have quite a collection of leftovers.......and yes, I do keep a lot of them.......

.........I often do what is sometimes called  Chain Sewing .........


.....but don't you hate the odd bits of thread that are left from sewing........

                                    

.........this is where the leftovers come in handy....................




........now when you cut the threads close to your work, the 'tails' are on your leftover pieces of fabric..........

 

.......which you can use numerous times before you throw it out..................




................and be left with neat ends on your seams!!!    

 Admittedly this craft tip really  comes into its element on longer seams, but I mainly wanted to show you the end results for your seams, and those leftovers....lol....   as to the colour thread I have used, I wanted you to be able to see the seam........

........now you can throw out the oddments from the leftovers.......or should that be leftovers from the leftovers? :)

I hope someone finds this useful :)     Happy crafting,  Jenny


3 comments:

  1. Good leftover tip Jenny! But I'm curious to know what the item is that you're making in this post! You surely aren't sacrificing all that lovely fabric just to show us how to save a bit of thread!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Jenny.....fab idea!!. Something I use my scraps for is stuffing dolls and pinkeeps etc...just like they used to in the old days....makes for a nice lumpy doll though...lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet Jenny..... You have so many creative ideas.....I keep hoping you'll inspire me to start crocheting.... not yet... but... maybe later... Hugs to you....

    ReplyDelete