Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Tsunami ?

Hi everyone,

how has your weekend been?  We had a tsunami alert along our coast on Sunday.  It initiated from the earthquake in Chile.  The news footage from Chile is quite hard to fathom, so recent after Haiti.     Fortunately for us, there wasn't any damage or large waves here.  It was also full moon here Saturday night, which is usually accompanied by king tides.  These tides cause the problems of beach erosion, as the high tide line is quite extreme in height.

In relation to where I am,  the photos from the stairs looking to the left of them are looking down the Burrum River.  There are actually some houses on the coastline on the horizon of the photo.  The high tide photos I have here, were taken about 8.30am, and the low tide photos were taken at lunchtime.










The two photos below are looking at the mouth of the river.  If you follow the shoreline opposite around the bend, you will be at Woodgate.  This township/village is now referred to as Woodgate Beach.










I know dates can be a nuisance on photos, but I left them on because of the tsunami alert. 

Believe it or not, but it is raining here again.  Fortunately no storm damage or wind behind it, just lovely, set in, good book reading rain.  I hope you have a lovely week what ever the weather.  Happy crafting,  Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    I was reading my friend Renee's blog Sewn with Grace. I saw your comment and decided to go to your blog. I do not have a blog, but love reading them.

    O.K. while looking at your blog I saw the childs little sewing machine. I am wondering why you have a picture of it on your blog. I have a machine very similar to yours. It just decorates my sewing room that I call my "shop". It was given to me by some friends who found it at a barn sale in Northern Michgian.

    Can you email me back and tell me about yours?

    Thanks, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you did not have any damage and that all is well. What a scary alert! We don't have that here in Michigan. I don't know how I would do with that? Have you had those before?

    ReplyDelete