Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tsunami ? part 2

Hi everyone,

thank you for the comments and emails enquiring how I was coping after the tsunami alert.  We were fortunate not to get any damage from it,  but we are still getting quite a lot of rain and wind.   A lot of Queensland is currently affected by flood at the moment, particularly areas out West.  It is amazing some of the news footage we are getting of these areas, as they have been drought stricken for many,  many years.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are toddlers who haven't experienced rain before Boxing Day 2009!   

Burrum Heads is approximatey 20 odd kilometres from Hervey Bay.  If you  use Google, click on Maps, and type Burrum Heads into the search box, it may put it in perspective for you.  If you 'pan out' to the right along the coastline, the towns of Eli Waters through to Torquay  etc., are referred to as Hervey Bay.  There are some low points on the road between Burrum Heads and Hervey Bay, but we haven't been cut off this time. 

I will sign off for now, and answer your emails ASAP.    Happy Crafting,   Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    I went to google maps and I think I have an idea where you live. I've always wanted to go to Australia. My husband has been their twice for work. Hope things continue to be safe for you.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete